Turn that pancake mix into muffins! Try this delicious recipe for a classic apple cinnamon muffin, but packed with fiber and packed with protein! Great for kids too!
You can make them into large batches and freeze them, for a fast and healthy breakfast on the go.
1-1/2 cups FlapJacked Cinnamon Apple Protein Pancake Mix
1 cup skim or fat free milk
1 TBSP honey (or use low-glycemic sweetener)
2 large egg white
1 cup Barbara’s Better that Granola oats & honey
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a non-stick muffin pan (or use paper or foil muffin liners). Mix all ingredients with a mixer on low for 30 seconds, then on high for 1 minute. Pour evenly into 8 muffins. Bake in pre-heated muffin pan for 12-15 minutes. Lt cool & Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 muffin
With Valentine’s Day just a day away I came up with a great way to surprise your sweetheart with breakfast in bed! Who doesn’t love a delicious meal made with love waking them up on Valentine’s Day? I know I would! All you need is eggs, toast and a heart shaped cookie cutter. Add a strawberry love smoothie or a cup of coffee with chocolate mixed in for a great start to the day!
My kids love cinnamon rolls, and well so do I! I wanted to do something different and so I created the cinna-pockets! These are great for a weekend morning, or freeze them and they can be defrosted for a weekday breakfast on the go before school. It only took about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 package refrigerated cinnamon roll dough w/ icing
- Rolling pin
- an 11 x 13 in baking sheet
- Butter or Pam for greasing
- 1 medium crimper (or you can do it by hand with a fork)
Here is what you do:
- Open up the package of cinnamon roll dough, take the individually cut pieces and icing out.
- Roll out each piece big enough to fit in the crimper. If you don’t have a crimper you can do it without by crimping the edges together with a fork.
- Place a spoonful in the middle and crimp together.
- Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Make sure all edges are crimped together tightly so the icing does not spill out.
- Place on a greased baking dish and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool, and pour any left over icing over the top. Enjoy!
Careful, they go fast!