This is the easiest and most delicious instant pot corned beef cabbage recipe you will ever find! I tend to make this every few months as a treat, not just on St. Patty’s day, and I am sure once you see how easy it is and how tasty it is you will too!!
Don’t forget, you can use your left over corned beef for so many different things! There’s Corned beef hash, Creamy potato and corned beef chowder, Spicy corned beef tacos, Corned beef frittata, the possibilities are endless!
- 3–4 lb. corned beef brisket with spice pack
- 1 small head of cabbage cut into 6 pieces
- 1 small onion
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3–4 large carrots
- 6 medium sized red potatoes
- 4 cups of beef broth
- Instant Pot or other pressure cooker
- Place steamer basket in Instant Pot. Add 4 cups of beef broth to the IP along with the onion and garlic. Mix in spices or spice pack. Place the corned beef brisket on steamer basket. Place the lid on your instant pot and lock the lid. Set to cook manually for 90 minutes. Once the pressure cooker is finished cooking, let it release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release the rest of the steam. Remove the lid away from your body, allowing any left over steam to escape. Remove the corned beef brisket and set aside.
- To cook the vegetables, add them to the steamer basket. Cook on the Soup setting for 10 minutes. Once the vegetables have cooked, slice the corned beef and serve them all together.