Grilling season is good for so much more than burgers and chicken breasts. Your grill is a gateway to a world of healthy eating possibilities! Perfect for a hungry crowd, this refreshing and satisfying summer salad stars fire grilled shrimp and charred corn for a smokey-sweet combo you’ll crave again and again.
Prep Time: 20 minutes • Total time: 30 minutes • Makes 4 servings
• 1 avocado, halved and pit removed
• 1 jalepeno
• ¼ cup cilantro
• 3 Tbsp lime juice
• ¼ cup sour cream
• ¼ tsp salt & pepper
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1-2 tsp Tabasco
Marinade the Shrimp for 10-30 min prior to grilling.
Quick Tip: Make the dressing in advance and store in the refrigerator until needed.
1. Heat grill to medium. Slice avocado into ¼-inch thick slices and brush slices with olive oil.
2. Place shrimp on grill and cook until white of shrimp is opaque, about 1-2 minutes per side.
3.Place avocado on grill and cook for 30 seconds per side.
4. Place corn on grill and rotate every 1-2 minutes until bright yellow and charred on all sides. Remove corn from heat and slice off the cob.
5. Make the dressing by combining all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until blended. Add olive oil and pulse. Add water if needed, tablespoon by tablespoon until mixture is thin enough to drizzle.
6. On a platter, combine corn, cherry tomatoes, black olives, cilantro, sunflower seeds, and cheese. Top with grilled shrimp and avocado. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve immediately.