Are you looking for a unique way to celebrate a special occasion such as a bridal shower, birthday, church group function, or bachelorette party? A paint night at home party is your answer! It’s easy to host your own paint night at home. Reading through our step-by-step directions and completing a copy of your chosen painting ahead of time is all the training you’ll need to lead your guests through the painting process. Add food and drinks, and your friends will be sure to have a memorable time!
All you need is inspiration to get started. I searched YouTube for Paint at home tutorials and there are 100’s to choose from. Make sure you take lots of pictures of the all the fun, so you can come back and share with us.
PARTY PLANNING SCHEDULE
Use our handy party planning checklist to help make sure that your party runs smoothly so you can enjoy yourself as much as possible.
3-4 weeks before:
- Set a date for the party and send invitations. Ask for R.S.V.P.s so you know how many supplies you’ll need to purchase.
- Choose the canvas design that you and your guests will paint.
- Shop for all your painting supplies. Don’t forget to go online and download any coupons to stack the savings.
1 week before:
- Plan your menu. Keep it simple by including make-ahead dishes or finger foods and make large batches of cocktails or serve bottles of wine for beverages. You can even do lemonade or sparking fruit juice for a kid’s birthday party or special non-adult only party.
- Order any specially themed decorations you want such as plates, napkins, tablecloths, and banners.
- Come up with a music playlist, coordinating the music with the theme of the party if possible. Make sure you play it at a level that doesn’t hinder conversation once the festivities get rolling.
- Give the house a good cleaning!
2-3 days before:
- Create a detailed shopping list for food and drinks.
- Arrange furniture so that each guest has enough room for his or her easel and supplies.
- Check your lighting. Make sure guests will be able to see to paint and blend colors properly.
- Cover floors with drop cloths so you don’t have to worry about paint spills if needed. Or choose a space in the house that is tiled for easy mopping.
The day before:
- Shop for food and beverages. Don’t forget the ice!
- Buy flowers to help decorate.
- Do as much prep cooking as possible.
- Do cleaning touch-ups as needed.
- Set out the painting supplies.
1 hour before:
- Empty the dishwasher so it’s ready to fill quickly and easily with dirty dishes from the party.
- Change into your party clothes.
- Lower the thermostat so guests stay comfortable after everyone arrives.
30 minutes before:
- Review the painting steps.
- Light candles and turn on the music.
- Pour a glass of wine!
We love seeing photos from painting parties and classes. Please add your own pictures so that others can be inspired by your creations and your party!
Here are the ones from mine! Hope you got inspired!