This Ultimate Pulled Pork Bar will score a win with your guests on game day. It has all the fixings for nachos, flatbread pizzas and sliders. Guests will fall in love with the tender, fall-apart pulled pork, extra cheesy queso dip and crisp Sriracha coleslaw.
How to Set Up a Pulled Pork Bar for Game Day!
- 3-4 pounds pork shoulder or pork butt
- 3-4 tbsp desired spice rub
- 1/4 cup beef stock or beer
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
Pulled Pork Recipe (Ingredients above):
Put onions in slow cooker, place pork on top.
Pour stock or beer over meat. Liberally sprinkle meat with desired spice rub. Add bay leaf to slow cooker.
Cook on low 6-8 hours until fall apart tender.
Queso Dip Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup grated chipotle cheddar cheese
- 1-14 ounce package Swiss fondue
- 1-16 ounce jar chile con queso dip
- 1 cup desired salsa
Melt butter in a large, heavy bottomed sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in flour, cook 1 minute.
Slowly whisk in milk and cumin, simmer 2-3 minutes.
Add grated cheese, stir until melted.
Add fondue, stir until melted.
Mix in chile con queso and salsa. Serve hot.
Transfer to a slow cooker, put on lowest setting, to keep warm for extended serving time.
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sriracha mayo
- 2-3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1-16 ounce package shredded coleslaw vegetables
- 1/4 fresh chopped scallions
In a large bowl whisk together sour cream, mayo, vinegar, agave and spices. Adjust vinegar and agave to desired taste. Stir in cilantro.
Add cabbage mix to bowl, toss to coat completely. Mix in scallions.
Can be served immediately, but best after chilling for several hours.