This is my version of homemade calzones that you can make from start to finish in 15 minutes! I am a busy working mom of two and don’t always have time to prepare and cook a homemade meal every night of the week. This is my easy peasy cheesy recipe to help make life easier, and tastier.
What you need:
- 1 package refrigerated pre-made pizza dough ( I prefer the thin crust kind so its not so doughy)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 1 bunch parsley or basil, chopped
- your choice of toppings, here are some good combinations:
- Chicken and broccoli
- Spinach and sausage
- Ham and pinnacle
- Pepperoni and banana peppers
Cut the dough into circles or squares, fill with toppings and either crimp together with a crimper, or start at one end rolling the edged together.
Make sure to get the edges closed tightly to avoid spillage. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
Let cool, and devour!