My kids love cinnamon rolls, and well so do I! I wanted to do something different and so I created the cinna-pockets! These are great for a weekend morning, or freeze them and they can be defrosted for a weekday breakfast on the go before school. It only took about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 package refrigerated cinnamon roll dough w/ icing
- Rolling pin
- an 11 x 13 in baking sheet
- Butter or Pam for greasing
- 1 medium crimper (or you can do it by hand with a fork)
Here is what you do:
- Open up the package of cinnamon roll dough, take the individually cut pieces and icing out.
- Roll out each piece big enough to fit in the crimper. If you don’t have a crimper you can do it without by crimping the edges together with a fork.
- Place a spoonful in the middle and crimp together.
- Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Make sure all edges are crimped together tightly so the icing does not spill out.
- Place on a greased baking dish and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool, and pour any left over icing over the top. Enjoy!
Careful, they go fast!