Here is what you need:
- 8 oz Pancetta, diced
- 2 heads Cauliflower
- 2 bunch Scallions
- 12 oz Macaroni
- 12 oz Italian Cheese Blend
- 4 T flour
- 2 cups Reduced Fat Milk
- 4 T Chicken Stock Concentrate
- 2 T Butter
Here is what you do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bring a large pot of water with a large pinch of salt to a boil. Once boiling, add the macaroni to the water and cook for 8-10 minutes until al dente. Drain.
HINT: Toss the drained macaroni with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent it from sticking.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Thinly slice the scallions, keeping the greens and whites separate.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Place the baking sheet in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and tender.
- Heat a medium pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and scallion whites to the pan and cook, tossing, for 4-6 minutes until the pancetta is crispy. Set aside, leaving as much oil in the pan as possible.
- Make the cheese sauce: heat 2 Tablespoons butter in the same pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the flour into the butter and cook, whisking constantly, for 1-2 minutes. Very slowly whisk the milk into the pan a little bit at a time until combined. Add the stock concentrate to the pan and bring the mixture to a simmer for 1-2 minutes until thickened. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Stir the macaroni, pancetta mixture, and ¾ of the cauliflower into the cheese sauce. Transfer the mixture into a lightly oiled baking dish (we used an 8×8 inch dish). Top with the remaining cauliflower, then transfer the dish to the oven to bake for 5-7 minutes, until bubbling.
- Garnish the macaroni and cheese with scallion greens and enjoy!
Recipe idea from Hello Fresh. You can find the original here: https://www.hellofresh.com/recipe/detail/55c22e7ff8b25ef0058b4567/cauliflower-pancetta-mac-cheese/?nleads